If I Thought March Was Crazy...

April definitely takes the cake! Our day-to-day has been insane & it's going to stay that way through August. 

We started April off with General Conference, which was amazing. My favorite talk was Stand Up Inside & Be All In by Elder Gary B. Sabin. You should definitely give it a read.

April 6th was a pretty big day for us. Caleb & Joshua, my twin brothers, got their mission calls. We opened them that night as a family with a few of their closest friends and their bishop. I was emotional from the minute I walked in my mom's front door. I don't think I've ever felt the Spirit so strongly as I did in that room while they opened their mission calls. I'm not gonna talk much about everything that happened because I want to keep it special to me - just know how amazing this experience was. Caleb went first (he is technically older lol) & he is going to Rancagua, Chile. Then it was Josh's turn and he is going to Bogota, Columbia. 


This picture was taken right after they both read their calls. I think this will forever be my favorite picture of them. There were LOTS of hugs and tears, and I hope I never forget how I felt that night ♥
The day after was a little rough for me. I think that's when it hit me that they'll really be leaving me for two years in July. I'm so proud of them & I wouldn't have it any other way, but it's definitely going to be hard on me. I can't think about it for too long without crying.


Easter was on the 16th and we got to spend it together as a family (minus Miles because he had to work). Every holiday has become a bigger deal to me because it's the twins last Easter (or whatever holiday) with us until after their missions. I've started taking way more pictures of them so that I can look at them while they're gone.


Three of the four most important men in my life (Miles being the other one). I sure do love them a lot (will I ever stop being sentimental?).

The other big thing that happened in April was.... Seeing my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold in concert in Vegas. This was my first concert EVER. Yes you read that right. I made a joke to Mike that I was glad I saved my first time for someone I loved (haha). Before the concert, I required a lot of preparation. First thing's first: my nails.


I went to the Lacquered Loft in Orem and Neesha did my nails. She was AMAZING! Seriously... I went in and just showed her a picture of what I wanted and BOOM she came through. I had never heard of "hard gel" before but that's what this is. I think that was the most impressive part to me - these nails were shaped 100% by her. That takes a massive amount of talent. I was so in love with them and I felt 100% ready for my concert. I joked that I could use them as weapons if needed... Really I just ended up accidentally scratching myself quite a few times.

Mike & I had never gone on a real trip just the two of us, so we were both pretty nervous. Our concert was a two day rock festival, but we ended up only going to the Saturday night shows. We spent Friday night walking around the strip together and shopping.


We stopped at the St. George Temple on our way through.


I'm going three months without candy, so finding this candy store was very painful for me, but I'm glad to report that I stayed strong! 
Some people think I'm crazy, but even though I don't drink or gamble, I really love Vegas. The atmosphere is just always exciting. It's hard not to be just as excited as all the crazy drunk people around you. Plus, they have malls on like every corner and that's literally my dream world.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling like a little kid on Christmas day. I was SO freaking excited to see Avenged Sevenfold live. The concert was at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center, which is right by Fremont Street, so we decided to see what Fremont Street was all about... Terrifying. We saw some things that will forever be scarred into my mind and it was 2 PM in the afternoon, so I can only imagine what it gets like at night.
There were quite a few bands before Avenged Sevenfold's turn (they were the main event), so I did my best to sit patiently through all the other bands.



I'm not even going to lie to you... I definitely cried watching them. This band has gotten me through so many hard times in my life. They've been my favorite band since I was thirteen - meaning they've been with me through all my darkest days. Getting to see them in the flesh is an opportunity that I will forever be grateful for.


Mike and I had been so worried, but everything went SO smoothly. The WHOLE trip did. There was never a moment when I was like, "Yup - this is why I've been stressing so much." It was one of the best weekends of my life. If I'm having a bad day, I just pull out my phones and watch some of the videos that I took at the concert and I start feeling so much better. It's amazing what music can do for the soul - especially music that means this much to you. I definitely didn't want the concert to end. I could have stood there and watched them allllll night long. They put on a phenomenal show ♥

I just want to finish up this post with a few outfit details, since that's what this blog is supposed to be all about... haha


Similar Plaid Shirt
Moto Jeggings
Unfortunately, I don't think they make my sandals anymore. They're Steve Madden, but I was able to find Similar Sandals that I think are almost cuter.


Similar Choker
Similar Leather Leggings
Similar Sweater
Similar Booties


Similar Booties
Similar Jeans
Similar Camo T

Love you all ♥♥♥

Comments

Popular Posts