My Crazy Life

I think I'm going to stop assuming that my life can't get any busier. I'm not complaining. I'm so grateful for this crazy life. It's been so crazy because some amazing things have been happening and will be happening in the very near future.
This post is gonna read like a bunch of different journal entries. I feel like that's the best way to capture my May.

May started off kind of rocky. Mike's Uncle Mike (who he was named after) died suddenly on April 29th. A funeral was held for him on May 3rd. We were so grateful to be able to get time off to go down and be with family and help support them during those hard times. Mike was so loved by many people. Him and his wife, Toni, were always people who pushed Mike & I to be better. They knew the potential we had and they wanted us to see it. When we were dating, they always supported us. When we got sealed in July 2015, Mike & Toni were able to be apart of that, and I'm eternally grateful for that experience. 


Bittersweet, but I was very grateful to see my nieces & nephews, even if it was just for a day.

On May 4th, I got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in WAY too long. Lauren just got back from her mission in February, I hadn't seen Kimber since November 2015, and Kaeley I hadn't seen since her birthday in April 2016. Needless to say, it was long overdue.


I'm so grateful for these amazingly beautiful friends who help me get outside my comfort zone, who help me loosen up a bit, and who always love me no matter how long we go without seeing each other. I vow to hang out more than once a year! 
We got dinner at Texas Roadhouse (and probably embarrassed so many servers), went shopping at the outlets, & finished the night with some Baked Bear. I love these girls so much ♥

May 12 & 13: My baby brother's turned 18 on May 12th. I truly hoped that day would never come, but it came and left me. Their mission dates are approaching very quickly. They had a volleyball tournament on their birthday and the following day. It was their last volleyball games... ever. I think I'm in denial that all these things are happening. No more watching them play high school sports? No more sleepovers with them on the weekends? No more going to the grocery store and spending $50 on treats for them? I really shouldn't think about all these things... I really am SO proud of their decision to serve a mission. I'm just gonna miss them more than I thought possible.


This was the first time that all five siblings had been together in a long time. 
I forgot to mention that Miles's birthday was May 5th and he turned the big 20. As an older sister, I should be able to keep them from growing up.

Since the twins had so much going on on their actual birthday, we had decided to take them overnight the following weekend. Friday, we picked them up right after we got off work and we went to dinner at Chili's.


They are rarely serious in pictures...
After dinner, we had a little time to waste before our movie started, so we decided to go wander around the Traverse Mountain Outlets. I, of course, made them take a picture with me, and we actually got one that turned out really nice.


I really do have the cutest little brothers ♥
We went and saw Guardian's of the Galaxy 2. This was Mike & I's second time seeing it because I am OBSESSED with Baby Groot. One day, I'll figure out how to get myself one.

The next day, we started it all off with french toast from Kneader's. We met Miles at the Hogle Zoo and we spent the majority of the day there. We took my brothers there for their birthdays the year before Mike & I got married (so five years ago), so we thought it would be fun to do it again before Caleb & Josh leave. We all really enjoyed it. Zoo's are NOT just for children.



After the zoo, we finished everything off with three games of bowling. I'm truly terrible at bowling. It's fine though because it was a ton of fun anyway. I'm to the point that it's almost annoying how much I'm holding onto memories with Caleb & Josh. I have to take pictures of EVERYTHING, and every time we do something I think, "This is the last time we'll do this before they leave." I need to handle this a little bit better.

This month really was kind of all about Caleb & Josh...
On May 21st, they graduated from Seminary. Their bishop was asked to say something about each of them... Well, their bishop is amazing and a HUGE tease. He told everyone that he asked each twin what they thought of Seminary... Josh replied, "It was great - the teachers taught me stuff." And Caleb said, "Seminary is lit." The bishop also said that Caleb frequently high-fives the Jesus statue in his office and says, "What's up bro?" I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. From hearing these stories, you would assume that they're not the most intelligent human beings, but they're both actually extremely smart.


For once, I had Mike take a picture with them instead of Mike taking the picture of me and them. ♥

Finally, on May 25th 2017, their real graduation happened.
I cried when everyone stood to say the Pledge of Allegiance. I cried when the boys walked into the room. I cried when they got their diplomas. I was just kind of a hot mess - in true Danielle fashion.




The Sunday after their graduation, they were ordained Elders. I'm not gonna talk about that too much, but it was an incredible experience to be a part of. I feel truly blessed to have Caleb & Joshua in my life. 
I'm thinking about writing a post all about them before they leave... They've always been my little side-kicks, whether they wanted to be or not. Be on the look-out for that post because I think I'm going to do it!

Among all the other chaos, we took my sister's dog, Likah, for awhile. It was definitely difficult but fun for a short while. I'm definitely not cut-out for any real responsibility at this time in my life.



Yep... She even selfie's with me ♥
She is one BEAUTIFUL puppy!

Per usual, I'm going to finish this post with my favorite outfits from this month. I'll add as many store details as I can find (or at least similar items).


This is mostly just because I'm proud of the booty & leg gains. About two months ago, I decided to focus more on my glutes and less on my shoulders, and I've seen a lot of results. I'll have to put together a side-by-side transformation.


(I've been truly obsessed with shirt and Roolee in general - check them out!)
Bracelets: Alex & Ani



Sunglasses: These are so fun


Dress: Option 1Option 2 (I couldn't find the exact one so here are some other ideas)
Vest: Different but Similar
Sandals: Similar
Watch: Similar


Jacket: Denim Jacket from Forever 21
Top: Similar Tank Top
Pants: American Eagle Jeggings
Shoes: Similar Leopard Flats


One last thing... 

PLEASE READ: I don’t know many people that cancer HASN’T affected. My Grandma Shepherd lost the battle to breast cancer in 2004, and it has deeply affected my family ever since. My Grandma is someone that I have looked up to my entire life, and I frequently find myself wondering what she would think of me now. Unfortunately, I can’t get an answer to that in this life because cancer took her from me. We have got to do something about cancer instead of sitting back and watching it slowly pick off the people that we love.

The Huntsman Cancer Institute is doing a 5K in June to raise money for the expansion of cancer research. Believe it or not, I’ve decided to run the 5K, and I would LOVE if you ran it with me. There aren’t many things that I support as much as finding a cure for cancer. If you want more information on the 5K, you can either click on the link below or message me for details. You can also clink on the link to help by donating to cancer research—any amount truly does help.
Let’s work together to find a cure. ♥

http://huntsman5k.kintera.org/daniellenicole8

Love you all ♥♥♥

Comments

Popular Posts