Valentine's Day 2018

I don't know what it is about Valentine's Day, but I've always loved it - even when I was little. In Mike & I's early days of marriage, I made sure to make Valentine's Day a huge affair. Every year that has gone past since, I've made less and less of an effort. If we're being completely honest, this year we will be spending Valentine's Day with my cousin, while his mom (my aunt) is on vacation - not the most romantic evening. BUT I do think we're gonna get some fun treats and then we have tickets to see Black Panther on Friday night (so freaking excited!).
In honor of Valentine's, Mike & I have answered some fun, random questions for you all.

♥♥♥
Q: On a scale of 1-10, how strict were your parents?
M: I would give them a 2. I pretty much just did whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.
D: My mom was definitely pretty strict. I'd give her like a 7 or an 8. She definitely picked and chose when to bring the hammer down (name that movie haha) and when to be a little more lenient. As a teenager, I hated how strict she was (don't all teenagers), but as an adult, I know I wouldn't have turned out how I did without it.

Q: Who are the three greatest living musicians?
M: Avenged Sevenfold because some of their songs can be really deep, but then they have funny, twisted songs like A Little Piece of Heaven. Eric Clapton is one of the best guitar players, and then Chris Adler because, IMO, he's one of the best drummers of all time.
D: Ooh this is a tough one! Well, I'm gonna have to change 'musicians' to 'bands' for at least one... Avenged Sevenfold will always be my number one. Besides that, my answers generally change depending on the day. As a whole though, I'm obsessed with 80's music, so I'm going to say Axl Rose and then throw in a classic Stevie Wonder.

Q: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
M: I wish I was smarter. I didn't take education seriously when I was in school and I regret that.
D: Honestly, I wish I wasn't as much of a control freak. I've actually tamed it down a lot in the last year or so, but I'm still pretty bad. I think a big part of my anxiety comes from not being in control of certain aspects of my life, so I wish I just didn't care as much.

Q: What was your favorite toy growing up?
M: A hulk action figure - but the old king version.
D: I was a Barbie girl. I played with them till I was like 12. I mostly just loved changing their outfits haha.

Q: If you could eat only 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
M: Pizza, Sandwiches, & Cheese (and yes, he knows that both of those already have cheese - he says that's how much he loves cheese)
D: This one isn't even that hard: Filet Mignon from Outback, French Fries from Apollo Burger, & Icing on the Cake ice cream from Baskin Robbins - all part of a balanced meal of course.

Q: What living person, other than family members, do you most admire?
M: My old boss, Bob Stoneman. He's a really good guy. He's been through the ringer, but he always comes out with a good attitude. And he let me box at his house :)
D: If you know me at all, you know what my answer will be: Ronda Rousey! Not only is she a total bad a$$, but she has done so much for women, and I don't just mean in the UFC. I could sit here and list all the things I love about her buuuut... I get carried away. Just go read her book.

Q: Who is the funniest person you know?
M: Sam (my cousin). No one makes me laugh like Sam - our personalities and sense of humor are very similar.
D: Mike - hands down. I really wish that everyone could see the side of Mike that I get to see. I'm not just saying this because he's my husband... he's the greatest human. And as far as humor goes, I don't actually laugh out loud very often, but when I do, it's because of something Mike did/said.

Q: What is the sound you love the most?
M: Danielle's voice. She's usually the person to talk sense into me, and she always puts a smile on my face.
D: This goes right along with the last question... Mike's laugh is my favorite sound. When he really finds something funny, his laugh is so contagious. It's everything ♥

Q: What's your biggest pet peeve?
M: People texting while driving - it drives me nuts!
D: Unreliable people. This includes people who lie, steal, cheat, can't ever be on time or just don't show up, etc... Essentially, I just struggle with people who want me to care about them but they don't want to put forth the same effort for me.

Q: What’s the best part about having siblings?
M: I always had a friend. There was a lot of us growing up, so even if you were fighting with one, another one always had your back.
D: Being able to look across the room at one of them - make eye contact with them - and know that they know exactly what you're thinking. It's that weird sibling intuition. It's just someone you know loves you and will always be there for you (even after you've gone through terrible fights with them). I got REALLY lucky in the sibling department.

Q: What trait do you like the most about yourself?
M: I think I'm funny - I'm probably one of the funniest people you know. If you don't believe me, just ask me ;)
D: As far as physical goes, I really like my blue eyes. As far as personality goes, I like how honest I am in almost every situation - even if it sometimes means hurting someone's feelings. I like people to know exactly where I stand. I know this sounds kinda rude, but we'd never have a problem if you'd always be genuine with me and treat me how you would want to be treated. I'm all about that golden rule.

Q: What personal trait has gotten you in the most trouble?
M: Not knowing when to say no. I always gave into peer pressure. Most of my bad decisions, growing up, were because someone talked me into them.
D: My mouthiness and the struggle I have with people telling me what to do. When I was younger, if someone would tell me what to do, I would generally tell them that they weren't my mom and then walk away. As an adult, I'm less mouthy about it, but I still really struggle being told what to do - mostly if I don't think it's fair.

Q: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
M: If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough (courtesy of my dad and also the song) 
D: If you work on making your spouse happy and they work on making you happy... you will always have a happy marriage. 

Q: What's your favorite thing about your significant other?
M: When she has her mind made up on something... it happens. Regardless of who says otherwise.
D: How kind he is. He likes to pretend he's this hard a$$ who just doesn't care, but he cares so much. He will go out of his way to help anyone. If he's ever rude to someone, give him a couple hours and he'll be feeling bad and coming up with an apology. He just truly has the biggest heart and I'm so glad that heart is mine (cheesy as heck, but it IS Valentine's Day).

♥♥♥

14 questions since, you know... it's February 14th ♥
& for the record... Mike is NOT dumb, so don't let his answers trick you. He's actually super intelligent and he picks up on things like no other.

I hope all of your Valentine's Day dreams come true. I'm grateful for each and every one of you.
Enjoy this look. This cardigan is my new favorite! ♥







Booties // Denim Skirt // Cardigan // White T // Earrings

(Cardigan is under $50 and ships so fast for FREEE and the skirt is under $60 and seriously my new fav)

XOXO, Danielle ♥♥♥

Comments

Popular Posts