Scarecrow Makeup: Halloween 2016


I had a lot of people ask me what makeup I used for my Scarecrow costume, so I decided to just do a blog post about it instead of telling everyone individually.

I always start with moisturizer. I have to use one that helps with Eczema, so I use this one from Aveeno: Aveeno Moisturizer (it's really inexpensive and has helped my Eczema so much).

I've used the same foundation since I started wearing makeup: Mary Kay Foundation

Under Eye Concealer: Elf Concealer

This is my most favorite highlighter that I have ever found (always bowing down to the Urban Decay gods): Urban Decay Highlighter - Shade Aura

I use a pressed powder instead of loose because I prefer less of a mess: Mary Kay Powder

Also, the best eyebrow pencil in the WORLD: Anastasia Brow Wiz I've tried so many different brow pencils and this is the only one I've been fully satisfied with. I used a Smash Box one for a long time, but the last couple times I bought it, it was constantly breaking off when I would barely press on it. I'd heard about the Anastasia one a lot, so I decided to give it a try and I'll never go back!

Blush & orange on my nose: MAC Blush: Modern Mandarin
The website doesn't show how truly vibrant this blush is. It is VERY orange, so be warned.

For my lips, I used two different mediums to get the exact effect that I wanted. I started with an Eyeliner Pencil to draw the initial lines on. Then I filled it all in and darkened it with a Gel Liner. I also used the gel liner to add some thickness to under my eye.

For my eyes: I used the MAC blush as eye shadow so that everything would match. Next, I used Elf Liquid Eyeliner for the winged eye. Elf is definitely a cheap brand, but I've always loved this eyeliner. Sometimes I have to do two coats, but that doesn't bother me because it's so cheap ($2). Then I use Marc Jacobs Gel Eye Crayon to line my inner eyelid. Lastly, Mascara: For my lower lashes I use Maybelline's Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara and for my upper lashes I use Lash Sensational Mascara

Most of the products that I love aren't supper high-end. There are only a few items that I'm semi-snobby about. I try to keep it all cheap(ish). Also, I don't pretend to be some makeup goddess. I pretty much only do my makeup on Saturdays and Sundays (I'm lazy). When I have the time to go all out... That's when I love doing it and put forth lots of effort.

I hope you all had a fantastic, safe Halloween! XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts