Halloween Look 2017

My Halloween costumes seem to generally consist of a strategic costume... using all my normal clothes, and a makeup routine that took me two hours. This year was no different. I woke up at 5 this morning to start getting ready. I finally finished my makeup around 6:45 AM, and then my hair took me until 7:30 AM. I hope you enjoy this look! I tried to link as much of the products used as possible.

I call this look The Lioness but my uncle deemed me the Cowardly Lion #HatersGonnaHate
Enjoy...


I started off with Maybelline's Master Primer. This isn't a super expensive primer, but I looove it. Sometimes I'll put just the primer on and no other face makeup - it just gives me a soft glow.

After primer, I started on my eyes. Every eye shadow color I used is from the Jaclyn Hill Palette. I started with the color Silk Creme all over as a base color. Then I took the color Beam and did that all over the lid and my inner corner. For the first two colors, I used Mac's 239 Eye Shader Brush. For the crease, I started with Central Park and then went over that with 24/7 to add some shimmer. For both crease colors, I used the Airbrush Angled Shadow Crease Brush (#117) from Ulta by It Cosmetics. I can't say enough how much I love the Jaclyn Hill palette. The color variety is perfect and the eye shadow formula amazes me every time I use the palette - everything is so smooth!

Next, I started on my face. I use Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation - I use the Matte + Poreless Normal to Oily in the color Natural Tan. I am preeeetty tan right now (thank you tanning beds), so I wouldn't suggest this color to just everyone. I actually have like three different foundation colors that I switch between, depending on how much I've been tanning. To apply my foundation, I used the Airbrush Complexion Perfection Brush (#115) from Ulta by It Cosmetics.

Next, I used e.l.f.'s Contour Palette. This was actually my first time doing any type of contouring. I just used the darkest color in the palette to make the bottom half of my face darker and to give it some more dimension.

For my highlight - which I used a LOT of, I used Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost in color Siberian Gold. I am OBSESSED with this highligher. My friend got it for me for my birthday and I've hardly used anything else since. Plus, the gold tone went perfectly with my lion look! I put the highlighter on my nose and used it to create an illusion of a wider nose. I put it on a lot of my forehead, and then I used it on the tops of my cheeks and under my eye.

For the area around my mouth, to make it a lot lighter, I just used e.l.f.'s Cover Everything Concealer in the shade Light. I then blended it out into my normal skin tone.

Then for my eyeliner, mouth, & nose, I used a combination of three products: e.l.f.'s Expert Liquid Eyeliner, L'OREAL's Lacquer Liner 24H, & L'OREAL's Smoldering Liner. I did a normal cat-eye liner and then exaggerated the inner corner to make it more cat-like. I will generally use the e.l.f. liquid eyeliner to draw the shape of anything I want and then I use L'OREAL's Laquer Liner to fill everything in. This gives it a much deeper black. Then I used the Smoldering Liner to line the insides of my eye. 

For the outer blue liner, I used Urban Decay's Glide-On Eye Pencil in color Deep End. It's kind of funny because I had bought one of the Halloween makeup packages and intended on using the white crayon for what I used the blue for. Then I realized that said white crayon was hard as a rock and it was NOT going to work. I just rolled with the punches and decided to use the blue eye pencil instead, and I ended up LOVING it.

For my eyebrows, I just did a hard line on the bottom of the brow and then filled them in with soft-strokes until I felt like they were full enough. I used Anastasia's Brow Wiz in color Medium Brown. We already know I'm obsessed with it! Then I used Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel to fluff up my brows and make them a little wilder. 

My fake lashes were the brand Eylure x Vegas Nay in the style Fiercely Fabulous. I still have not mastered fake lashes. I think I'll always be a work in progress.

Last, but not least, my lip color was by Tarte. It's their Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in shade Birthday Suit.

I had so much fun putting this look together, so I hope you enjoyed it too.

Here are some more pictures of my look (and just a few fun images):




My mom & I's costume. She was Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter

This is Chance. I work with her and she is amazing. Her costume was the Mad Hatter.

I hope you all have a fabulous & safe Halloween!

XOXO Danielle ♥

Comments

Popular Posts