Fall Weekends Are What I Live For

This weekend was a dream. Mine & my husbands anniversary (and his birthday--yes on the same day) is tomorrow. Well, Tuesdays are lame so we decided to mostly celebrate it this past weekend. We will still do some celebrating tomorrow, of course. 
On Friday I had to get some dental work done so I couldn't feel my face at all (it was pretty hilarious) and because of that we had to get a pretty simple dinner so I wouldn't bite my own tongue off. After dinner we had tickets to see The Last Witch Hunter. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it besides liking Vin Diesel, but my husband really wanted to see it so that's what we chose... It was actually really good. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take Vin Diesel seriously in that role, but he actually did an excellent job. Anyway, after the movie we went and got some frozen yogurt from Farr's Fresh.
On Saturday I woke up early and made some Snickerdoodle Scones. I'd never made scones before so I was nervous but they turned out great. After breakfast we went and did a little shopping. Mike got a shirt and some sweet Star Wars socks from Pac Sun. I got some cute earrings from Charming Charlie's and some new lipstick from Mac (D for Danger). We hadn't been in the mountains since the leaves started changing, so we packed ourselves a lunch and headed up the canyon. It was beautiful and peaceful, and just really good us time. I, of course, made him take hundreds of pictures. He's FINALLY getting used to pictures... after almost seven years of us being together. After we were done in the canyon we still weren't quite ready to go home. We went and wandered around some shops for awhile and I finally got to go to Called to Surf. It's the cutest little boutique and I got a dress that I'm obsessed with. I'm probably going to wear it tomorrow for our anniversary/birthday dinner. The rest of the night was just very lazy & wonderful. I made cream cheese wontons and beef teriyaki stir fry for dinner, and for dessert I made gingerbread. 
Finally, on Sunday we went to church in the morning and spent the rest of the day at my sister's house. We finished our Fast and the Furious marathon and I had some sweet, sweet cuddling time with their puppies. 
It was an excellent weekend and I am beyond excited for tomorrow! I can't wait to give Mike his present. I will tell you what it is tomorrow after he gets it :)

Here are a couple more past outfits of mine. They're some great fall outfits from this time last year. Enjoy!


My boots are from Forever Young Shoes. Orange pants/leggings (great color for fall) are from Head Over Heels. My sweater and the denim shirt underneath are both from H&M. I looked for the perfect cream, over-sized sweater for forever before I found this one & I'm pretty sure it was on clearance when I bought it. Steal! My statement necklace is from Forever 21. I'm so ready for the days where I won't be sweating in my sweaters by the end of the day... It's coming though--I can feel it in the air (and the weather report says so).



I am literally obsessed with this plaid shirt. I got it on Black Friday last year from Old Navy. I'm pretty sure I try to wear at least once a week. Besides being the perfect plaid shirt, it's also extremely comfy! The ring I'm wearing was also from that same Old Navy trip. My watch was a present to me & it's from Charming Charlie's. My boots, pants, black chain bracelet, and my gold chain necklace are all from Forever 21.

I'm going to complain for a minute... I would daresay that half my clothes are from Forever 21. They generally have really cute items for a reasonable price and I loved that about them... For probably the past six months just going into Forever 21 gives me a headache. It is so disorganized and I can never find a thing. I usually walk in, look around for ten seconds, and turn around and walk back out. It makes me really sad & I hope they get their crap together soon.

Anyway, Happy Monday! I hope you guys all have a wonderful week and enjoy your last week of October! 

Comments

Popular Posts