My Reasons to Celebrate

To say that I've been busy, would be an understatement. Just in the past two months, Mike got a new job, I got a promotion at work, and we both got new callings. Those are just the big things. BUT! I have something new that I'm going to try blogging about that I'm pretty excited for.
If you know anything about me, you know that I will look for any small reason to celebrate. A couple years ago I tried doing this on a smaller scale, but I lost interest and gave up. There is a website--it's www.daysoftheyear.com It is a site that has a list of all the weird national holidays. I don't know who gets to decide these holidays (I wish it was my job) but I'm going to celebrate them! Not all of them. Some of them are just really stupid. I went through and made a spreadsheet that has all the holidays that I think are worth celebrating and the ways that I intend to celebrate. I already started so here is an example:

Saturday (October 1st) was World Card Making Day & National Older Peoples Day (most days have more than one holiday). I decided to do something that would play to both holidays. Friday night, Mike & I went to Hobby Lobby to get some card making supplies. Saturday morning, while we were watching General Conference, I made cards to send to my grandparents. I forgot to take a picture of one of the cards before I put it in the envelope, but here is a picture of the card I made for my Grandpa Shepherd:


I'm not a very crafty or creative person, but I really enjoyed making these cards. The card for my Hubbard grandparents (already in the mail) has the CUTEST pineapple paper. I should have taken a picture. Oh well. I should be able to give this card to my Grandpa Shepherd today. 
Celebrating just these two holidays got me really excited for what is to come. This really took me out of my normal routine and showed me that I do like doing crafts. I've been feeling like I spend way too much time on my phone and I really think celebrating these silly holidays will help me get out of that rut. I hope you guys enjoy following along on this crazy adventure. Can't wait to show you how I celebrate today's holiday.

On a different note... I have blue hair! If you're looking for an amazing hairstylist, Jessica Gish at JZ Styles Salon (she is the owner) is absolutely incredible! If she's too booked (which is very common), from what I've seen, all the girls at JZ Styles Salon have some serious talent, so give them a try!


Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts