National Face Your Fears Day

I always tell Mike to "not care what people think" and I usually really mean it. There is two places where my insecurities come out. First, is with my family--extended and immediate. They are the only people who I truly care what they think. I want them to love me. I want them to be proud of me, but this is pretty usual. Second, is at the gym. I know this is stupid. I didn't realize how self-conscious the gym makes me until we started going again, back in August.
In a way, I don't really care what they think about me. What I don't want is for someone, who thinks they know more, to come up and tell me I'm doing something wrong. I don't want someone who thinks they're in better shape than me, try to bully me around there. I haven't had this happen to me (I think because I listen to very loud music on my headphones and always have my angry face on--so no one talks to me) but I have seen it happen to other people.
Because of this fear, I generally stay away from the free weights, which sucks because I love lifting. You will usually find me at the cable weights or using the machines. I have some dumbbells and barbells at home, so I just do those exercises when I get home. I know this is stupid. I know that I need to get over this, and that's why I made myself use the squat rack to do squats on Tuesday (that's when National Face Your Fears Day was). It wasn't even bad. And I knew that it wasn't going to be. I just psych myself out so hard that I scare myself away from things. I highly encourage all of you to do something that you're afraid of. It might help you overcome it. I still have some stuff to work on before this insecurity will go away, but I took the first step.

Yesterday was National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day. Sometimes, having only one parent in my life makes things a lot easier (plus my mom & I work together). We took our lunch together yesterday and I took her to Zupa's. It was nice to get out of the office for awhile and spend some one-on-one time with her (that I wasn't on the clock for). I definitely take for granted working with her and this was a good reminder of that. 
We didn't take any pictures, just the two of us, but here are pictures from Tuesday night when me, Christine, & my mom went to Gardner's Village.



I sure do love these two, and it was really nice to spend some time with just the girls (minus Sondra cuz she doesn't like Gardner's Village--fun hater). We even went to Training Table for dinner and I splurged and ate cheese fries. It was an awesome night.
What I want you to take away from all of this: Do something that your scared of--it can revolutionize your life. Love your parents & never take them for granted.

Comments

Popular Posts