National Improve Your Office Day, National Taco Day, & World Animal Day

Happy Hump Day!
It's always exciting to get a day that has THREE holidays that are worth celebrating. Yesterday was a pretty awesome day.
As everyone knows, yesterday was National Taco Day & it also happened to land on Taco Tuesday (better days don't happen). I've always kinda liked tacos but they've never been one of my favorite foods. My husband, however, is obsessed... obsessed might not even be a strong enough word. We have a sign that hangs in our kitchen that lights up and says I love Tacos. I bought it just for Mike, so you know we had to celebrate National Taco Day. We didn't go to Taco Bell or Del Taco--we decided to make our own tacos (homeade are better). Tacos are so simple to make. I started with hamburger meat that I browned and then drained all the fat off. I then added about half a bottle of cumin (probably about 1/4 cup), about 1 tsp of garlic salt, and about 1 tsp of seasoned salt. I let that all simmer together for awhile and... all done! Yep. That simple.


After the meat is done, all you need is the toppings. Mike used shredded lettuce, cheese, and ranch. He's always liked his tacos plain-ish. The only thing that I added to mine was lots of tomatoes. I LOVE tomatoes. And then of course you need some tortillas.


I was only able to eat two tacos before I got full, but Mike was able to eat four. I actually think his goal had been five. After all that food, we took a little walk to try and walk off some of our fullness. It turned out to be an awesome National Taco Day.

(the finished product)

Another holiday that was yesterday, was National Improve Your Office Day. There's not a ton that I'm able to do to my office, but I did go to Hobby Lobby and I found the cutest sign to add to my little candle and my picture of Mike & I.


Hobby Lobby always has the cutest signs that I have a hard time resisting. I probably buy too many and then I end up with nowhere to put them. Oh well! It's nice to have a little something extra in my office to always give me a nice little reminder. Fearlessly be yourself.

Last, but definitely not least, yesterday was World Animal Day. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to spend time with my favorite pups and kitties BUT... I have found some of my favorite pictures of them for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

(Kato, Niyah, Bastian, & me being obnoxious behind them)

(Kato is in the back with Niyah in the front. I'm pretty sure this was taken pretty soon after they got Kato)

(Rufus' favorite spot is that couch cushion right above my favorite spot on the couch. I love this big kitty)

(we're about 90% sure that the kitties are part Bobcat. They are so much bigger than normal house cats. Normal house cats don't normally weigh more than 12 lbs. Rufus weighs, I think, around 20 lbs and he is SO long)

(I apparently need to take more pictures with Puck cuz this was the only one I could find. We have our differences. He always wants to be pet, which is fine, except he NEVER stops moving. Love him to death though)

(Kato and my brother Caleb cuddling on the couch)

(Kato is the goofiest, most loving dog you'll ever meet. We hope we get to love this guy for many more years, but he's pretty old and has some serious health problems. We're so grateful for the differences he's made in our lives and the fact that he's made our hearts grow ten sizes bigger)

(In February, Kato had to get his leg removed because it was causing a lot of problems for him. It took him awhile to heal, but his life has improved so much since the surgery. He was even able to walk himself out of the vet the day after the surgery. Dogs bounce back so well. I can't imagine losing a leg)

(This picture describes Niyah & me perfectly. I forcibly make her love me and she licks my face)

(There aren't many things I like doing more than cuddling with this sweet, sweet girl)

(I finished with pictures of Niyah because I'm obsessed. I've never met an animal that I love more than her. She literally has changed my life. She has opened me and my heart up so much. I can't imagine my life without her. Plus, how awesome was our impromptu photo shoot? She could be a model)

Comments

Popular Posts