National Mad Hatter Day/World Smile Day

It's finally Friday!
Yesterday was National Mad Hatter Day and I had every intention of watching Alice in Wonderland, but I decided I needed to go to the temple more. But here is one of my favorite quotes by the Mad Hatter: "You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head... But I'll tell you a secret... All of the best people are." I love that because, well... I'm crazy (haha).
Anyway, going to the temple last night was amazing. Days before we go to the temple always seem to be really difficult. The day dragged on like no other. I was having some serious anger issues throughout the day, and I wanted to eat everything in sight but I can't (can you say hormones). I was also kinda of stressing about going to the temple with my blue hair. I really didn't want anyone to judge me about it. God definitely heard my prayers on that one. Not only was not a soul mean to me, but every lady that I came into contact with while doing initiatories, told me how beautiful I was and that they loved my hair. I even had one lady tell me that I looked like a mermaid princess in heaven. I laughed really hard and thanked her, but if we're being completely honest, I had a serious emotional minute in the dressing room afterward. I know it was something so small to start out with, but I don't think I've ever felt God's love for me specifically so strongly. He really is watching out for us. He cares about what we care about. He wants us to be happy. He wanted me to feel loved and comfortable in his house and boy did I! Last night is a night that I will never forget. 
I seriously urge all of you to make more of an effort to go to the temple. Since Mike & I got sealed last July, we have made an effort to go to the temple at least one a month (we've only missed one month). The blessings that have come from this effort have been so immense. I really do love to see the temple. I'm so grateful to live in Utah & have AT LEAST three temples within 20 minutes of me. I will always do my best to never take that for granted.
Here are some pictures I took last night at the temple (no filter). I LOVE having the back drop of the mountains.



I won't be posting tomorrow, so today's holidays are World Smile Day & National Bathtub Day. I tried taking a picture of me smiling this morning but 1. I look homeless today. 2. I am so tired my eyes were pretty much closed. & 3. I tried going to Swig before work and they hadn't opened yet so I just wasn't feeling like smiling, so I'll post a picture of me smiling from a happier day.
I have some serious hopes that I will be taking a long bath tonight to celebrate National Bathtub Day buuut... I'm probably not gonna move my butt off my couch as soon as I get home. I hope you all take some time for yourself this weekend though. We all need some serious pampering. 
I hope you all have a fabulous fall weekend. Take advantage while you can. We live in Utah. We only have so many of these.

(Jacket is from Forever 21 and t-shirt is from Target)

Comments

Popular Posts