Color Trends

I talked about colors that look good on each of us... But we didn't really talk about how it can be really hard to find that certain color that we love to wear. There are actually people whose job is to predict what colors will be 'in' for the next season. Sign me up! I would just pick colors I like... Which is probably why that isn't my job. Before 2015 started the predicted colors were jewel tones, which also included Emerald, Ruby (Oxblood was my color of choice), Gold (Mustard Yellow), Sapphire (Royal Blue), etc... I would say they were pretty spot on. I added a bunch of the Ruby and Gold to my closet this season. I really am obsessed with Oxblood. 




These pictures were taken the weekend before Mike & I's anniversary. The boots are from Forever Young Shoes, my skinny jeans are from Aeropostale, my RVCA shirt is from Bohme, and my vest is from Hope Ave. Let's take a minute and appreciate that not one item in this outfit is from Forever 21 or H&M. It's a Christmas miracle. I really have gotten so fed up with those stores. Boutique-ish shops are my new favorite. I was just introduced to Mindy Mae's Market and I think it was a VERY VERY bad thing because... I'm obsessed!
Anyway, let's talk about my lipstick because it's the color that I've been obsessed with this season. The one I'm wearing in this picture is MAC and it's called D for Danger. I, personally, really love the matte lipsticks. It draws just the right amount of attention to your lips.
What are some of you guys favorite MAC lipstick colors? And what are some of this seasons colors that you just loved and don't want to see them go away?

It has been predicted that the year 2016... Pastels will be the thing. In the color swatches I saw lots of pinks, purples, and yellows. They were all very muted. Looks like our bright vibrant jewel tones are moving out. I'm not happy about that. Buuut... I will continue to preach: wear WHATEVER makes you happy. Screw anyone that tells you what you're wearing is weird or that they don't like it. The fact that it caught their attention enough for them to say something... It means that they kinda like it or that they're jealous of the fact that you had the guts to wear something like that. Never forget that!

This post is kind of short and I apologize for that. This morning I got a root canal so I'm not feeling quite normal. My lip is still doing that funky thing and it makes me not want to make any facial expressions. Good news though!: My mouth is not constantly throbbing! That pesky tooth has been making my life miserable. Pretty sure that I was going to give myself ulcers from all the advil I was consuming. Make sure to brush your teeth extra well! (haha)
Happy Wednesday! :)

Comments

Popular Posts