FINALLY Talking About My Hair Cut

Let's all rejoice over the fact that I'm finally talking about my hair cut. Which means... My pictures will all be with my shorter hair now! I've taken my dear sweet time getting here. 

Here's a before (in case you all forgot what it looked like):


Before I saw this picture I was convinced my hair looked like crap. I thought the color had grown out funny and all this... My hair actually looked pretty good. But those negative feelings were a little bit of what fueled my desire for the change. I hate change except when it comes to my hair. I think I've talked a bit about this before, but we're going to re-hash it again. I'm a pretty controlling person, and even when I recognize that I'm not at all in control of a situation, I still stress about it profusely.  Also, if I'm having some body image issues and I feel like my diet isn't working fast enough... That's usually when I decide it's time for a hair change.
The past couple months have been a little difficult for me. My anxiety has resurfaced in ways that haven't happened in a long time and there have been some situations in my life that have been throwing me, but of course, I have zero control over them. That's where my decision ultimately came from. Let's be clear though... I am obsessed with my new hair! I thought for sure that after the initial month, I would regret my decision but I still love it.


The biggest adjustment for me has been not throwing my hair into a bun on all my lazy days (there's a lot of those). It has helped me be better about getting ready every day. This hair cut makes me look a little older and more grown-up which is kinda weird. Most days I still feel like I'm a 16 year old. I'm not sure that'll ever change. I really do love my hair. It is much easier and faster to do. There's two ways that I generally do it. The first is with a straightener: I'll part my hair down the middle and straighten it that way. At the ends I kinda swoop it in towards my face so that it gives it the bob look. After it's all straightened, I re-part my hair to the side. I do it this way because it gives the crown of my head so much more volume. I then hairspray the crap out of it and voila! Done!
The other way I do my hair is with a curling wand. My hair is still a little too short to use a legit curling iron. I curl my hair in three parts. The bottom layer I really just do the hair closest to my face because those little hairs in the back cannot be curled yet. Every time I try, I burn myself, so I stopped trying. I do the same thing with the part of my hair for curling that I do with straightening. I just want to have a little more volume. I'm considering doing a little video on how I curl my hair because I frequently get asked how I do it, but I am not good at explaining in words. I will definitely think about it. 
I'm already thinking about what I'm going to do with my hair next. I'll probably give my hair another month and a half break and then it will be decision time. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

This is the last time I'll be writing until after Christmas. I don't work tomorrow at all and the next day is Christmas! I'm so excited. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!
Everyone remember: Jesus is the reason for the season. It's so hard around this time of year to remember that. We all get so caught up in the presents and treats. Every year I'm trying to be a little better about it and do a lot more giving. We'll rarely remember everything we got for Christmas, but I know we'll remember the service and love that we give to others.
Merry Christmas, everyone! Be safe & happy!

Comments

Popular Posts