Christmas 2015

I quickly and sadly just realized how few pictures I took on Christmas. I wasn't on top of it. It was kind of a hectic day (always is).
My family has had a tradition, for as long as I can remember, where we have a big family breakfast the morning of Christmas Eve. When I was younger we would go to places like iHop or Jim's Family Restaurant, but as I got older my family grew a LOT. We started having it at family members houses and that's how it was until this year. Now that we're all pretty much grown, people are out of town more often. This year we decided to have it at Kneader's. It was pretty hectic and I didn't love it, so we'll see what it gets changed to next year. For dinner, Mike, my mom, & I all went out to dinner where my brothers were working. All three of them were there so it was kind of a family event. After dinner, my husband & I just went home and watched One Tree Hill. It was a very mellow night and I loved it. Around ten we set up each others Santa presents and then went to bed.
My husband was excited like a child and first woke up at 4AM. Luckily, he waited till my alarm went off at 7AM to make us go downstairs. The present I was most proud of that I got for Mike was a life size cut out of Chris Weidman. It was so funny to me. I got him a bunch of fighting/boxing items as well. He got some new boxing gloves and a kick pad. I also got him all of the Star Wars movies. I was pretty proud of how well I did for him this year.
My big present this year was a new camera:

(Flower t-shirt is from Hope Ave, cardigan is from Forever 21, lipstick is All Fired Up by MAC)

I know that people get sick of my phone selfies so it was time to upgrade. I'm still trying to figure it all out but we'll get there. I also got gray wedge boots! I've seriously been looking for some for so long. Mike found them at Journey's and they're Tom's brand. I'm so excited. I also got some movies, two dresses, a skirt, and some earrings. I also got to go shopping on Saturday (I'm spoiled) and I got two shirts, a pair of pants, leggings, socks, a new selfie stick (haha), and a new MAC lipstick and lip gloss. 
Anyway, after Mike & I opened presents we got ready and headed to my mom's. It was not fun (others think it was great) because we woke up to a foot of snow and the snowplows hasn't really been out yet. It was a nightmare to get anywhere.


I don't know if you can tell how deep the snow was, but it was super deep. I'm glad I actually wore boots that day.
At my mom's we opened sibling presents and just kind of hung out for awhile. I tried to take a nap on my mom's stairs... I was exhausted. 
We were having dinner at my aunt Jen's house so we headed over that way a little before three. The snow was even worse where she lives, there was even a snowplow that had gotten stuck. We ate dinner, hung out there for awhile, then I decided it was time to go home. Christmas wears me out for some reason. Mike and I went home and just watched some TV. It was a really good Christmas.
Saturday was when we went shopping and then... We saw the new Star Wars!


I actually really hated it. Ok, as far as movies go... It was really good. There was just one thing that happened in the movie that made me really upset. I got pretty emotional and my sister bawled like a baby. Mike knew what happened before hand so he was already prepared. If they hadn't made the decision that they did, I would have LOVED the movie. I really do love Star Wars... especially the older ones. After the movie we got Cubby's with my sisters, and then on the way home we stopped to get ice cream because I still needed something to cheer me up. 
Sunday was just a relaxing day to end all the craziness. We went to church and then just went to my sisters house and laid on the couch all day. Their poor puppy, Niyah, is sick so I've been worried about her. They go to the vet today to find out what's wrong. Send some prayers her way. I love that puppy so much.
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! You all better be thinking of your New Years Resolutions... 2015 is coming to an end very quickly. I'll be talking about my resolutions on Wednesday and I'll also be talking about some key things that happened in our life in 2015. This was a HUGE year for us. 
Love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts