Mixing Styles

Whoever said that people shouldn't mix styles... should be slapped! There's nothing I love more than throwing a little punk in with a bit of girly:



The trick to combining different styles is to not overdo it. I usually like to have one signature item that I work the whole outfit around. In this outfit I kinda had two signature items: the pink tule skirt (from Urban Wear) and the leather jacket (from Forever 21). After you have your signature pieces figured out, you want to finish the outfit with items that will help accentuate the main pieces. 
Everyone loves some stripes and I made sure to match the black stripes to everything else in the outfit. I am pretty obsessed with matching... it's semi a problem. My stripped shirt in this picture if from Pac Sun. I wanted some simple shoes and jewelry so that it wouldn't detract from everything else. My black flats are from H&M and my pearl necklace I've had for so long that I don't even remember where I got them from (babies love to play with this kind of necklace--it's come in handy quite a few times). Finally, my tights are from Forever 21. I always get my tights from there--they have the best selection for a decent price. In the winter I would die without my tights. I love skirts and so I need the tights to help keep me warm. 

The day of this outfit I just so happened to be getting my nails done so I matched the color to my outfit. Plus, black goes with pretty much all of my outfits. This was the first time that I had tried shellac nails and now I am OBSESSED. I love having my nails painted. I don't feel like myself when they're not. But my nails chip so easily and so it would get so frustrating to keep them painted. I tried fake nails for a long time, but A. That can get pricey and B. They ruin your nails so bad. I know that shellac still ruins your nails a little bit, but it's nothing compared to fake nails. My shellac nails last me at least four weeks. If any of you are in the same predicament that I was in... I suggest trying shellac. My aunt owns a salon that does shellac nails. It's where I always go. It's called Tres Tres Chic and it's in Orem. The first time it's $20 (plus tip) and then to have them take the shellac off and put different color on, it's $25. 

Just so you all know: there's four days till Christmas. I hope you're all ready... I'm not! Haha I better finish quick!

Comments

Popular Posts