Dressing Professional

Anyone else always just want to wear a t-shirt and jeans to work. Maybe not even that... sweats? I do. Every single day. Luckily I'm smarter than that and I put some nicer clothes on. One way that I help motivate myself, I plan my outfits out. I don't mean the night before either. I have a Google sheet that has every item of clothing I own on it (except pajamas, socks, all that fun stuff). Then from there I plan my outfits out for at least one week in advance. And sure, I most definitely have days where I'm like, I want to wear something besides what I planned. I'm not a Nazi about it. I do, however, stick to it pretty much every day. How many of you spend at least ten minutes every day picking out your clothes, putting it on, and then deciding that you hate it. My process saves me so much time and it also helps me not wear the same clothing item twice in a week. 
I already know that I'm OCD and I have a lot of people make fun of me for this, but it's one way that I keep my life a little more sane. It's also pretty fun to plan out the outfits, so no complaints from me at all. I use to just keep it in a notebook, but then I was introduced to Google Sheets and it revolutionized it for me. 
Anyway, back to professional clothing... Here are two outfits that I've worn in the past for more dressier days at work:


This look was a couple months ago. Blazers are always a classic for work days. This blazer was given to me by my aunt and it's from Gap. I still get to wear a t-shirt underneath (from H&M) and then I make it appropriate by throwing a blazer over it. Then I dress it up a little more with some pearls (a present from my mom and she got them from Charming Charlie). I still get to wear my beloved jeans (from Forever 21) and some comfy but dressy flats (from H&M). This outfit is totally appropriate for most meetings. If I was going to be apart of a meeting for a bigger client, then I would probably change the jeans to some nicer slacks.




Like a month ago, for work, I went to Aveda to see some of their graduates that we would potentially hire for the salon. This was the outfit that I chose. I needed something professional and also trendy. I LOVE these leather leggings. Leather pants can be really uncomfortable, but because these are a mix they are so comfy and then you get the leather accents as well. I wanted to wear all black to kind of blend in with the students. Black always seems to be hair schools uniforms. My flats are from H&M, my leather leggings are from Forever 21, my shirt was a present so I don't actually know where it's from but I love it! I love the flowiness of it. My statement necklace is from Charming Charlie.

For a second let's just talk about the fact that it's Friday and Christmas is in ONE week. I am SO excited. My husband went shopping for me yesterday (possibly a yikes) but I'm really excited to see what he picked out. He's been shopping with me enough that I feel like he should know my style pretty well. Our first Christmas married, he bought me some clothes... They really weren't bad, they just weren't my style. Ever since he's refused to pick me out clothes unless I pointed it out to him. This is the first year that he's attempting it again. I also am beyond excited to give him his presents. They are awesome! 
Have a safe, happy weekend!!


Comments

Popular Posts