Dress For How You Want to Feel

Who, honestly, wakes up excited at seven in the morning, wanting to get all dressed up for work? I certainly do NOT. The problem is that if I got dressed every morning according to how I feel... I would wear leggings and baggy sweatshirts to work every single day, and then I would get fired. 
This is a very good example of why I plan out my outfits in advance. I constantly hear people complaining about how long it took them to plan out what they're wearing, and now their room is a mess from taking everything out of the closet. I'm not saying this never happens to me because some days I do decide that I want to wear something else. Most of the time, though, I stick to my outfit schedule. My scheduling also helps me not wear the same shirt that I love so much twice in a week. I need lots of self organization to survive. 
I have a couple examples of days where I really wasn't feeling anything but leggings, but my schedule helped me not look like a hot mess (I still kinda did).


To the left: Booties are from Forever Young Shoes, pink shirt is from H&M, black cardigan is from Forever 21 ($10), the necklace is from Papaya (are they even around anymore), and finally, the skirt is from Target. I may have talked about this skirt before, but I am obsessed with it. I love how it holds its shape. I hate when fabrics cling to me and I just think the shape adds something extra to the outfit.

The picture to the right: Boots are from Forever Young Shoes, pink skirt is from Target, cardigan is from Forever 21 (same as left picture), gray t-shirt is from H&M, and necklace is from Charming Charlie. 

I think I'm noticing a trend with the stores I shop at... (haha)


To the left:Boots and leggings are from Forever 21, dress and cardigan are from H&M, and necklace is from Charming Charlie.

To the right: Boots are from Forever Young Shoes, pants are from Walmart, t-shirt is from H&M, and necklace/bracelets were a present so I'm not sure where they came from.

The top two pictures, while I was feeling lazy (I usually am), they were pretty well-put-together outfits. The bottom two, my laziness showed through a little bit more but they were still work appropriate. 

"Dress like you're already famous". I've talked about this quote before but I still think it's huge. As a teenager, I was one of those girls who wouldn't leave the house without makeup on. As I started to get older, I started to get more and more lazy. I reached a point when I was 21 that I was hardly ever getting ready. A big cause of this was my severe anxiety that was setting in, but I let it completely take over every aspect of my life. If you want something, pretend you already have it. Keep in the forefront of your mind the greatness that you want to have in life. Nothing pushes you better than your own motivation. 
Sure, I still have days where I don't get ready but I try to keep them to a minimum. I want to always be the best ME. When I'm all dressed up, I feel better about myself and I know that my confidence shines through more.

Comments

Popular Posts