Is it Summer Yet?

I'm not a winter person. I never have been. I was born in the summer and it just runs through my veins. I'm extremely over winter this year. There is only one thing I like about winter: the clothes. Being LDS and aiming to dress modestly is a whole lot easier in the winter. During the summer all the skimpy short shorts and tank tops come out and I'm not all about that. I do love me some summer dresses though. Anyway, I love the layers of winter. If you look at my closet, it's very obvious what season I dress better for. It's kinda funny though because I absolutely hate coats. I was the kid in school that would ditch my coat at home and hope my mom didn't notice. I'll wear a coat now but I would prefer not to. 


My favorite winter items, by far, are scarves. I love bundling up in them. I also love boots. I have way more pairs of boots than any other shoes. I would say about 85% of my boots are from Forever Young Shoes. If you've never checked them out before, I highly suggest it. They have affordable prices and a great selection. They also usually have really good sales going on. In the above pictures, my boots are from Forever Young. The best part is that they have the lace up look, but they also have a zipper on the side so that I don't have to take the time to lace them up every time I wear them. My scarf I got from Nordstrom's for only like $20. Most blanket scarves are priced between $15-$30. I particularly love the colors on this one. My cargo jacket and dress are both from H&M. The dress is already a good length on its own, but for the winter weather I wanted a bit more length so I wore the skirt lengthener with it. I got the skirt lengthener from Urban Wear, which is also a great store for skirts that are good lengths.


I love fall colors. I don't have many brown or orange items of clothing, but I love when you pair the two together. My boots are, once again, from Forever Young Shoes. My pants are from a store called 2 Love, and they're really great because they have seams that make them appear as jeans but they're just leggings! My sweater is from H&M and I got it on clearance for about $15. H&M's clearance is great to check out because you would be surprised by all the incredible items that they have in there. I love to go in there after Christmas to look because the spring/summer items are coming in which makes the winter items clearance. That's where I've gotten a lot of my warmer items. Finally, my scarf is from Walmart. I've talked about it before, but I'm not a big Walmart shopper. I think, besides this scarf, I have two or three other items from Walmart that I'll actually wear. Every once in awhile I'll find something that I feel the need to buy.


This kind of outfit is ideal for me. I love a good pair of jeans (from American Eagle), some tennis shoes (Converse from Journey's), a t-shirt (from H&M), and a great cargo jacket (from Forever 21). It's so comfortable and stylish at the same time. I don't wear hats often but every once in awhile I'll feel the need to throw one on. I got this particular hat from a Surf Shop in Cayucos, California. I pretty much lived in this hat while we were on vacation. 

Hopefully we can all survive through these last winter months together. I'm sincerely hoping for an early spring (I'm talking end of February, beginning of March), so here's hoping!

Comments

Popular Posts