Zermatt Resort


For my work's Christmas party, in December, we had the privledge of staying a night at the Zermatt Resort in Midway, UT. I'd been to Midway countless times before, but somehow I'd never happened upon this resort. It was gorgeous. The weather was very cooperative for the weekend and it made it even better. 
We all started arriving around six, and when we got there we checked into our individual rooms. Mike & I (of course) had to take some selfies in our room.


(My camo jacket is from Forever 21, infinity scarf from H&M, thermal from Victoria Secret. Mike's button-down shirt is from Target)

The hotel rooms were all very homey. They were decorated to a outdoor-ish theme. We all had to be pretty bundled up because our first activity was going to be a sleigh ride. It was a beautiful, crisp night and it was fun to just sit and talk on the sleigh. Our driver was pretty talkative so we listened to some stories that he would tell. 
After the sleigh ride, we went back to our hotel rooms to change into some nicer clothes for our dinner.


I had considered buying a new dress for the occasion, but I decided that this dress would do perfectly. The dress is from Called to Surf, my necklace and wedge boots (not pictured here) are from Forever 21, and my skirt lengthener (also not pictured here) is from Urban Wear. 
The dinner was delicious. They had really good salmon. We had a giant White Elephant game. It was fun to watch everyone interact with each other and some people came out of their shell a little bit more. It was interesting to watch some of the presents being opened (definitely not going to go into detail). My mom brought my little brother, Josh, as her date. It was fun to have him there and to watch his reaction to everything going on. I tried to get him to take a picture with me, but he wasn't very cooperative.


He is quite the cutie though.
After the White Elephant game had wrapped up, Mike & I went back to our hotel room. It had been a pretty long day for us, so we watched a little TV and then fell asleep. The whole night was incredible.


I love Mike and I love having him by my side at these events. He always makes me feel more comfortable and I love to have his perspective on everything. Plus, when I get grumpy over stupid things, he is very patient. He knows eventually I'll get over it, and he usually lets me be until that time.
When we woke up in the morning, we got dressed, packed, and then went to walk around outside for a bit. When we had arrived the previous day, it had been dark out so we couldn't see the scenery very well. Heber/Midway is so beautiful. If they put a mall up there, I could definitely see myself living there.


(My boots were from Forever Young Shoes, jeans are Rock & Republic, sweater and t-shirt are from H&M. Mike's shoes and shirt are from Nike, jeans are from Target, and I can't really remember where his coat is from.)

I love this picture of Mike because it shows the real him. Most people think that he's really quiet and serious when really, he is quite the goofball. I don't mind that he saves that side for me though. 
After some pictures we headed home.
It was an awesome Christmas party. Working with my family is great. I am so grateful that I get to be apart of my aunts company. 

Now that Christmas is over... Where's the sun at? (:

Comments

Popular Posts