Simplicity

This has been a very lazy week for me which has made me ponder simpler ways of make up and outfits (I sit here in jeans and a t-shirt with no make up on). We all frequently have days where we just really don't want to get all dressed up. I have these days at least twice a week. Some days I suck it up and get ready anyway, and other days I have a routine that helps me get what I want, but keep the professional world happy as well.


We'll start with my make up routine: First off, I have been very blessed with good skin, so on my lazy days I pretty much skip all facial products (foundation, primer, blush, etc...) That cuts out a lot of time (rewarding me with at least five extra minutes of sleep). The only makeup I consider a necessity on my lazy days are: makeup to do my eyebrows (eyebrows are the one thing I need to do to make myself feel normal), a little shimmery (neutral toned) eye shadow, and mascara. Really what we're trying to achieve here is making your eyes pop. That way, that's where all the attention will be drawn to. These are also the days that I will just leave my hair down and if it starts to bug me, I'll throw it into a high ponytail or a messy bun. 
As far as what makeup I use: I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my mascara (I'm sure this will change one day) and I just use L'OREAL Voluminous Butterfly. I also get the waterproof kind. I know most people hate waterproof but for me, it stays on longer and keeps my eyelashes standing tall all day. I'm way more picky with my eye shadow. In this picture I'm wearing Bootycall from Urban Decay's Naked2 palette. I generally only wear Urban Decay or Mac eye shadow. It just goes on so much easier than any other eye shadow. My Mac obsession has become a thing really in the past year. My husband will probably forever curse this new obsession.


Now for my lazy outfit: When you look at this do you think, "How could she bare to wear that to work?" No! But really this outfit is very simple. I'm wearing extremely comfy skinny jeans (from American Eagle) and a t-shirt (from Cotton On). Then, because I knew jeans and a t-shirt aren't totally work acceptable, I threw a nice vest (from H&M) over my t-shirt, and then I added some cute comfy boots (from Forever Young Shoes). And because I can't go anywhere without earrings on, I threw a pair of smaller but still noticeable earrings (from Forever 21) on. Not a bad outfit to make the higher ups happy but keep you comfortable as well.

Let me know any tips you guys have that you use to stay comfy/lazy but still look professional. I always love new ideas! Have an incredible Thanksgiving, guys! I hope you are all surrounded by loving family and that you eat enough food to feed someone for two weeks! Love you all! :)

Comments

Popular Posts