Thanksgiving 2015

I don't know about you guys, but... getting my butt to work today was pure hell. I'm so tired and missing the long weekend. This past weekend was pretty much perfect. I got off early on Wednesday, so my husband & I got pizza and we cooked the food that needed to set overnight. Then I made Mike binge watch One Tree Hill with me. He's such a good sport. On Thanksgiving (Thursday), we took our time waking up and getting ready. I finished cooking, we grabbed a soda, and then we headed to my mom's house for dinner. We did snap a few pictures before hand though...


We were able to get ONE serious picture. I'll count my blessings for the one. In this picture my boots and gold lion necklace are from Forever 21, my black skinny jeans are from Cotton On, and my sweater is from Target. I think almost everything Mike is wearing is from Target. EXCEPT... his watch. And knowing that is what explains all the goofy pictures. The watch he is wearing is the one I got him for his birthday and he is obsessed with it! He said that he wanted his watch to stand out in the picture... I made fun of him... It turned into quite the ordeal. And that explains the laughing picture below.


I have a pretty great husband, guys. I seriously love him so much. 


I, of course, had to get some pictures of my outfit. It was very simple and classic, which is exactly what I wanted for my family's Thanksgiving dinner. It was also super comfortable so that after I ate WAY too much food... I would still feel good.


Mike always tries to make the picture taking less awkward for me, so sometimes he'll throw in random poses that he wants me to do. The one above... yea... that's my air guitar. Judge away! I love letting everyone see my goofy side because it's something very few people know about me. I am not normal. I love to be weird and freak people out. In the outside world I try very hard to be normal and professional... Sometimes my craziness shines through though.

After Thanksgiving dinner with my family, we went and hung out with Mike's family for a minute. My twin brothers were sleeping over though, so we made plans with Mike's family to hang out later in the weekend and then we went home. I pretty much just fell asleep on the couch and so did my brother Caleb (we're a lot alike in that aspect). Mike and Josh stayed up pretty late hanging out together. 
Friday morning we, once again, took our dear sweet time waking up. Once we were up I went and got donuts and juice for all of us and then the decorating began! I am a HUGE advocate for not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But the day after Thanksgiving... my house throws up Christmas. The picture below is of my tree and my aunt's dog (we were watching him while she was gone). I thought it was a pretty sweet picture so I wanted to share.


I'm not a huge Black Friday shopper but I definitely don't mind it. Mike & I ventured into the craziness of it just a bit. We went to Target, which was great because all their clothes were 40% off. I scored some awesome sweats and a really cute sequin maxi skirt (I've been looking for one forever). We then attempted the mall. I really only found stuff I liked at Bella Ella Boutique and Bohme. At Bella Ella I got a skirt lengthener and two t-shirts. At Bohme I got a suede skirt and a sweater. I can't wait to show you guys later when I actually wear them. After those stores, I was exhausted so we went home. We ended up hot tubbing with Mike's cousins later that night. It was pretty frigid outside but it was still extremely relaxing.
Saturday we slept in till... Eleven! I've never slept in that late in my life. It was pretty awesome though, but not something I could do on a regular basis. Saturday was a pretty lazy day. We finished decorating for Christmas, and we hung out with Mike's cousins, Sarah and Trevor, and their adorable baby, Jaxon. To finish the night off we went to dinner (Red Robin) with a bunch of Mike's family). This picture of Mike & I is us waiting to get sat at the restaurant. 


This weekend was exactly what I've been needing. Sunday was the cherry on top. We went to church in the morning and then spent the afternoon with my sisters and their puppies. When my alarm went off this morning... let's just say I wasn't too happy. I'm here though and trying to be positive! Christmas is coming up so fast! What are some gifts that you guys are just dying to get this year under your tree?

Comments

Popular Posts