What Colors Look Best On You?

Have you ever tried wearing a new color and something about it just makes you hate how you look? Your skin tone determines a lot of what you look good in. Today I'm going to talk about the different skin tones and what they look best in. 
There are three different skin tones: Cool, Warm, and Neutral. I've read in places that one of the best ways to decide what skin tone you have is to check your veins. If you are more of a cool skin tone then your veins are going to look more blue and if you have a warm skin tone they're going to look greenish. Your veins aren't actually green, but because of the color of your skin it makes them appear green. Eye and hair color is also a good way to tell along with whether gold or silver look good on you. These rules aren't always foolproof though. For instance, I have a warm skin tone but I have blonde hair and blue eyes. I am one of those lucky people though that can pull off both sides of the spectrum (this sounds cocky but it's just what I've been told my whole life). One of the best ways to decide, I think, is how your skin reacts to the sun. If you burn mostly, you probably have a cool skin tone. If you get tan in the sun, you probably have a warm skin tone.
So what colors look best with each skin tone? I'm not really going to talk about neutral because it's that weird in between that is kind of an anomaly. In art you learn about cool colors (blue, green, and purple) and warm colors (red, orange, and yellow). These colors will correspond with what your skin tone looks good in. 

This is the best image I could find to show you all the different colors. I just found this picture on Pinterest. Even though I have a warm skin tone, I look best in cool colors. This just goes to show that these rules aren't always right. Also, in todays day and age you can pretty much make up your own fashion rules--which I love. My favorite color on myself is probably pink, which is why I did pink hair over the summer.


My silver sparkly Van's I got from Journey's, my jeans are from Down East, my t-shirt is from Victoria Secret, my vest is from Hope Ave, and my silver earrings are from Charming Charlie's. I don't know what it is about pink, but I get so many colors on how good I look in it (confidence booster) and I also love how it enhances my look.


My favorite shade of pink on myself is blush/baby pink. That is the shade I did when I dyed my hair pink. My hat in this picture is from Forever 21, my shorts are from H&M, and my pink kimono is from a little boutique in California and I actually don't remember their name... Oops.
Although there are technically rules that can be followed for skin tone, just make sure you are happy with what you're wearing and that you feel comfortable and confident. That is always what we should aim for. If you do ever try a new color and hate it, just realize that it's probably a bad contrast with your skin tone. There's nothing wrong with that. It happens to the best of us. I don't love brown on myself, which is why you'll rarely see me wearing brown.

Comments

Popular Posts